Welcome to Your Haiti Volunteering Resources Page!
Check out these links to learn more about where you will be staying and what to expect while being a volunteer in Haiti
Poured Out requires the following vaccinations before attending a Haiti Trip
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertusis)
- Mosquito Spray
Poured Out recommends the following prescriptions for a Haiti Trip
- Ciproflaxin (Cipro) –an antibiotic that can be extremely helpful for traveler’s diarrhea and bacteria-based ailments, talk to your physician about getting a prescription and dosage
- Malaria Prevention Medication -traveling to a tropical region always presents the risk of mosquito-borne illness, talk to your physician about which type of malaria prevention is right for you, some prescriptions need to be started 1-2 weeks before traveling
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) recommends the following additional vaccines for a Haiti Trip
- Poliovirus Vaccine
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- visit the CDC Haiti website for more information
Poured Out recognizes that each volunteer will assume their own risk in regards to which medications and vaccinations they get in preparation for their trip. While some volunteers take all preventative measures, others stick to the basics/required vaccines and medications. Talk to your physician about what’s right for you.
- Click Here to Download Our Trip Packet for important information about your trip, as well as the Following Required Forms:
- Insurance Liability Waiver (If you cannot submit a copy of the front and back of your insurance card)
- Information Release & Consent Form (Required)
- Liability Waiver (Required)
- Trip Rules & Guidelines
- A copy of the Photo Page of your passport as well as the front and back of your insurance card are also required
- Ready to submit your Required Trip Forms? Click Here!
- Poured Out will purchase insurance for you while you are in Haiti
- There is no additional fee for this, as it is included in your trip cost
- Click Here for Coverage Details of Your International Insurance
- If desired, additional insurance may be purchased by volunteer
- Trip Cost is $1,500 per person + plane ticket
- Trip Cost covers all expenses in country, including lodging, breakfast, dinner, transportation, translators, filter purchases, , insurance, etc.
- Trip Cost covers the sponsorship of 4 FAMILIES to have clean water for life! You will not only be helping to install filters, but also be responsible for 4 families having clean water for 15+ years!
- Plane Ticket costs vary depending on time of year and departure location. Talk to your trip leader for details.
- Coordinate travel dates with your individual trip leader upon getting accepted for a trip!
- For any questions about your trip, email us at HaitiTrips@poured-out.org