Join a Trip!
Poured Out requires the following vaccinations before attending a Haiti Trip:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella)
- Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertusis)
Poured Out recommends the following prescriptions for a Haiti Trip:
- Ciproflaxin (Cipro) – an antibiotic that can be extremely helpful for traveler’s diarrhea and bacteria-based ailments. Talk to your physician about getting a prescription and dosage.
- Malaria Prevention Medication – traveling to a tropical region always presents the risk of mosquito-borne illness. Talk to your physician about which type of malaria-prevention medication is right for you, some prescriptions need to be started 1-2 weeks before traveling.
- Poliovirus vaccine
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
Poured Out recognizes that each volunteer will assume their own risk in regards to which medications and vaccinations they get in preparation for their trip. While some volunteers take all preventative measures, others stick to the basics/required vaccines and medications. Talk to your physician about what is right for you.
- Click Here to Download Our Trip Packet for important information about your trip, as well as the Following Required Forms:
- Insurance Liability Waiver (If you cannot submit a copy of the front and back of your insurance card)
- Information Release & Consent Form (Required)
- Liability Waiver (Required)
- Trip Rules & Guidelines
- A copy of the Photo Page of your passport
- A picture of the front and back of your insurance card are also required
- Poured Out will Purchase Insurance for you while you are in Haiti
- There is no additional cost to you for this as it is included in your trip cost
- Click Here for Coverage Details of Your International Insurance
- If desired, additional insurance may be purchased by volunteers
- Trip Cost is $1,500 per person + plane ticket
- Trip Cost covers all expenses in country, including lodging, breakfast, dinner, transportation, translators, filter purchases, , insurance, etc.
- Trip Cost covers the sponsorship of 4 FAMILIES to have clean water for life! You will not only be helping to install filters, but also be responsible for 4 families having clean water for 15+ years!
- Plane Ticket costs vary depending on time of year and departure location. Talk to your trip leader for details.
- Coordinate travel dates with your individual trip leader upon getting accepted for a trip!
- For any questions about your trip, email us at HaitiTrips@poured-out.org
- The following applies to all trip cancellations: whether the volunteer is no longer able to go for any reason, or if Poured Out deems it necessary to cancel the trip due to safety concerns, staff availability, inclement weather, or any other reason.
- $200 Nonrefundable Deposit: This deposit does not get refunded regardless of timeframe of cancellation or payment. These deposits cover nonrefundable expenses in trip planning and coordination.
- Airfare Cost: After the airfare cost due date, each volunteer is responsible for the full cost of their airline ticket if booked through Poured Out. This cannot be refunded. If a trip is cancelled for any reason, the volunteer will receive milage credit for their American Airlines ticket to be used within 12 months of the purchase date (ticket change fees may apply to milage credit, according to American Airlines).
- Remaining Trip Cost: The remaining balance of the individual’s trip payments can be refunded (up to $1,300 if volunteer has submitted payments in full for trip).
- Who Receives Refunds: Legally Poured Out must refund trip cost donations to the donors who sent payment. If the individual volunteer submitted payment, they will receive the refund; otherwise, whomever donated the support will receive refund checks.
- Compliance: Volunteers agree to this refund policy when signing the Trip Commitment Form online in their trip planning process.
Sponsor Water Projects!
- $170 Provides Clean Water to a Family of 10 for Life! Our BioFilters have been Proven to Last over 10 Years!
- What’s included in your $170 donation:
- The BioFilter body, delivered from Michigan, and filter materials, delivered from Port au Prince, to a family’s home in Haiti.
- Educational materials and training for families on how to use, maintain, and troubleshoot the filter.
- 5+ Check-up visits by our Staff to ensure the filter is working properly, and to measure the health and economic benefits of BioFilter usage.
- Employment opportunities for our Water Technicians who perform check-ups and maintenance.
- What’s included in your $170 donation:
- Community-based, solar-powered WaterHouses can be sponsored for roughly $10,000 (depending on location, materials required, and staffing/travel costs). Get in touch with a Poured Out team member to learn more about how we install WaterHouses!
How We Turn Water from Life-Threatening to Life-Giving
Poured Out installs two types of filtration systems to fit the needs of those we serve. We don’t overcomplicate things – we know these solutions work and we are looking to use them to expand our Clean Water footprint to all of Haiti.
Hydraid Bio-Filters are point of use systems that turn bucket retrieved contaminated water to safe, clean water right in a family’s home! With 60% bacterial elimination immediately, and 98% after the first two weeks of use, these are efficient and convenient ways for families to access clean water! Learn more about how these filters work here.
Our Waterhouses are solar powered and therefore require no electricity – a scarcity in Haiti. These high output systems can filter up to 1,000 gallons each day! The systems provide clean water for schools, orphanages, medical clinics, and community centers. Volunteers and Haitian masons team up to build these structures and install the filtration equipment and storage tanks safely inside. Learn more here.